[CentOS] Sluggish X session with Cygwin/X and gnome desktop

Thu Nov 9 06:24:56 UTC 2006
Wei-min Lee <weiminlee at sbcglobal.net>

Hello,

I just installed CentOS 4.4 and when I connect to it from my XP machine
using Cygwin/X and the gnome desktop I've noticed that after a couple of
minutes it slows to a crawl (menus and dialog boxes don't display
immediately when I click on them).  Accessing the X session from the console
does not exhibit this behavior.  Just recently, instead of going with the
default gnome desktop and just to rule out possible connectivity concerns, I
selected the KDE desktop during logon and did not notice this behavior.  I
tried comparing gdm.conf to my RHL7.3 machine and I'm not seeing anything
drastically different so what am I overlooking?

Wei-min Lee