[CentOS] Centos 4.4 ipvsadm problem

Fri Nov 10 10:17:44 UTC 2006
Jonathan Lundberg <lundbej at rte.ie>

Hi All,

Using CentOS 4.4 with ipvsadm-1.24-6.

I am using LVS/ipvsadm to load balance webservers, with about 20 VIP's
in use.

My problem is that when I start the pulse service, all of the interfaces
seem to appear
correctly in the output of ipvsadm -ln , but it is not possible to
connect to them.

I discovered that the ones I _CAN_ connect to appear in the full
ifconfig listing, while
for some reason, the ones that I can't connect to are missing from the
output of the
ifconfig command. When I bring them up 'manually' using ifconfig after
ipvsadm has
run, it is then possible to connect to them no problem.

This isn't very elegant, and goes against the LVS how-to, as well as
being a bit of a
pain when you want to fail over from one LVS server to another.

Has anyone encountered a similar problem to this?

Cheers,

Jonathan
copying, distribution, or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance
on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.
Please note that emails to, from and within RTÉ may be subject to the Freedom
of Information Act 1997 and may be liable to disclosure.