[CentOS] Strange yum behavior

Sat Nov 11 20:41:59 UTC 2006
Itay Furman <itayf at nospammail.net>

Hello,

'yum search R' returns an impossibly-long list.  So I tried 'yum
search R.x86_64' and 'yum search R-2.3.0' and few others to no
avail.  (Google revealed that R package does exist in kbsingh
repository.)  However, 'yum install R' did offer to install the
correct package.

Can someone enlighten me as to why did the searches failed or
generated a hugh list of alternatives, while the install hit
right on the mark?

 	Thanks,
 	Itay

FWIW: cat kbsingh-CentOS-Extras.repo

[kbs-CentOS-Extras]
name=CentOS.Karan.Org-EL$releasever - Stable
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=http://centos.karan.org/RPM-GPG-KEY-karan.org.txt
enabled=1
baseurl=http://centos.karan.org/el$releasever/extras/stable/$basearch/RPMS/
# Need a ftp mirror ?  uncomment the line below, & disable the one above
# baseurl=ftp://rpm.karan.org/pub/kbsingh/el$releasever/extras/stable/$basearch/RPMS/
#== 2006-07-10 <itayf at fastmail.fm>     protect plugin config ==#
protect = 0
exclude = *.i386 *.i586 *.i686
includepkgs = darcs darcs-server prozilla R