[CentOS] unable to start installing

Wed Nov 1 14:44:44 UTC 2006
Fabian Arrotin <fabian.arrotin at arrfab.net>

On Wed, 2006-11-01 at 12:16 +0000, Daniel Teixeira wrote:
> Hi.
> I'm trying to install CentOs 4.3 on a "old" server. Cd's are ok, as i
> am able to use them in another computers.
>
> What happens is that initial text screen shows up (asking if i want to
> install in text or grpahics mode), but either way all that happens is
> that i get a cursor blinking on the top left corner for a long period
> of time.
>
> anything i can try?

What does 'old server' mean for you ? If it's an pentium 1st generation
you should go the i586 way. If it's a more recent processor, the normal
install should work. What i've already had is that i had to specify the
'nofb' paramater because the vga card didn't support it ...

--
Fabian Arrotin <fabian.arrotin at arrfab.net>