[CentOS] Apache 2.2X

Fri Nov 3 02:28:25 UTC 2006
Jim Perrin <jperrin at gmail.com>

> I certainly don't see packages in either dev.centos.org or
> centos.karan.org which is the places that I would check for something
> like this.

These packages have been requested a few times, but it's more an
implementation issue than anything else. apache has a fair amount of
stuff built against it, and it would require rebuilding all of those
packages, which will then not work with the current apache.

The end result is you'd have httpd-2.0.52-x, and httpd-2.2-x, which
would each have their own php builds, mod_perl builds, mod_auth-foo
builds etc. It basically causes several packages to be built twice to
accomodate one package, and it's been an effort vs demand thing.

> Apache 2.2 rpm's for CentOS 4 (or RHEL 4) would seem to be something of
> interest to more than just you.

If more people are interested and pipe up, then it may be that the
demand is enough to warrant a separate build for this. So far that
hasn't been the case. Suggestions and support are always welcome.

George Orwell