[CentOS] RE: Re: Update icon cache

Tue Nov 7 11:00:36 UTC 2006
Michael Velez <mikev777 at hotmail.com>

> > OK.  The reason I ask is that I associated the pdf file
> extension with
> > Adobe Reader, by modifying the relevant line in
> > /usr/share/applications/defaults.list.
> >
> > How can I get the File Browser to use the AdobeReader.png
> icon for all pdf
> > files, instead of the generic gnome pdf icon?
>
> Ah, the *real* reason comes out. (:
>
> put AdobeReader.png into the appropriate place
> /usr/share/icons/<theme>/size/mimetypes/pdf.png
> and
> touch /usr/share/icons/<theme>
>
> -- Rex

Thanks Rex for the info.

I must be doing something wrong because I'm still not there.  I did what you
said and put AdobeReader.png in this file:

/usr/share/icons/<theme>/48x48/mimetypes/gnome-mime-application-pdf.png

I did ofr each <theme> that currently had a gnome-mime-application-pdf.png
file.  I touched all the directories and even rebooted but still no go.
There must be something else in my configuration that is not right.

Michael