[CentOS] unionfs and centos 4.4

Tue Nov 7 12:25:46 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-11-07 at 17:26 +0700, beast wrote:
> I have tried to create a livecd from Centos 4.4, it require to compile
> unionfs as a module.
> I'm using Centos kernel source kernel-2.6.9-42.EL.src.rpm and unionfs
> v1.1.5 but its giving error while compiling.
> <http://mirror.linux.duke.edu/pub/centos/4.4/os/SRPMS/kernel-2.6.9-42.EL.src.rpm>
>
> Is anyone having success story building centos livecd from scratch?
>
> --beast

There is a unionfs module that you can use already on the liveCD ...
just copy it into place in the new kernel directory and do:

depmod -a

The version used on the liveCD is also in the tar file here:
http://mirror.centos.org/centos/4/build/livecd/

(obviously I have been able to build the LiveCD from scratch ... since
it is released :P)

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes