[CentOS] Mirroring CentOS problem.

Tue Nov 7 16:10:57 UTC 2006
Mark Schoonover <schoon at amgt.com>

S.C.A. S.r.l. wrote:
> I have two servers that, one time in a week, make a mirror o CentOS
> distribution, the mirroring come from two different italian servers
> but all the mirrors process stops with this message:
>
> sent 267 bytes  received 374865 bytes  44133.18 bytes/sec
> total size is 6472762072  speedup is 17254.63
> rsync error: some files could not be transferred (code 23) at
> main.c(1146)
>
> What's the problem?
> Ps excuse me for my english.
>
> Regards
> Amedeo Fragai
> S.C.A. S.r.l.

Amedeo,

	Don't worry about your English, it's way better than my Italian! :)
There are several reasons to get a code 23 error with rsync. One of them
being disappearing files. You might have temp files that get into the rsync
filelist before rsync transfers files. Once rsync starts transferring the
files, and if any of those files are now gone from the filesystem, rsync
will generate the code 23 error. Do you log the output from rsync?? That
could give you more information as to the exact problem.

HTH

Thanks!

Mark Schoonover
IS Manager
American Geotechnical
V: 858-450-4040 - F: 714-685-3909 - C: 858-472-3816

"Stop the Earth!! I want off!!"