[CentOS] Problems with LTO-3 and U320 on Centos 4.4

Wed Nov 8 12:21:47 UTC 2006
Adam Huffman <adam.huffman at manchester.ac.uk>

On Tue, 07 Nov 2006, Joshua Baker-LePain wrote:

> On Tue, 7 Nov 2006 at 3:19pm, Plant, Dean wrote
>
> >I think ill try the LSI adapter, as your setup seems very similar. Just
> >out of curiosity what sort of backup speeds do you get to a single LTO3
> >drive?. I seem to struggle to get anything above 60-70MB/s.
>
> Yeah, 70MB/s is about my top speed as well (both via 'tar -b 4096' and
> amanda with a 2MB blocksize).  Given that the drives are rated at 80MB/s,
> I'm not too unhappy with that.

Apologies for hijacking the thread, but I'm seeing speeds of only around
30MB/s with an LTO3 library connected via 2Gb fibre channel, both with
tar and with Bacula.

Would you know how to go about investigating this?

Adam