[CentOS] Problems with LTO-3 and U320 on Centos 4.4

Mon Nov 13 14:34:43 UTC 2006
Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 at duke.edu>

On Mon, 13 Nov 2006 at 2:25pm, Plant, Dean wrote

> Joshua Baker-LePain wrote:
>>
>> Your changer is on a different SCSI ID from the tape drive, right
>> (rather than on the same ID and a different LUN)?  It's odd that it's
>> hanging on that inquiry.
>
> The changer and drive are on the same SCSI ID with a different LUN (I am
> using an ARCvault 24). I have just installed CentOS 3.8 and after adding
> support for multiple LUN's, all is detected correctly. I will give this
> some stress testing over the next few days to hopefully prove all is ok.

I'd say it's starting to sound like a kernel issue in 4.4, then.  Some
quick trawling through bugzilla didn't find me anything, but you may want
to have a look yourself.

Good luck.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain