[CentOS] OT: Q: Howto implement a monitored Shell for remote logins

Tue Nov 14 19:29:20 UTC 2006
Drew Weaver <drew.weaver at thenap.com>

Simply tell them "Do not modify the command history or we wont hire you
again.".

Pretty non technical solution to what is a staffing issue.

-Drew

-----Original Message-----
From: centos-bounces at centos.org [mailto:centos-bounces at centos.org] On
Behalf Of Sanjay Arora
Sent: Tuesday, November 14, 2006 2:03 PM
To: CentOS Mailing List
Subject: [CentOS] OT: Q: Howto implement a monitored Shell for remote
logins

I sometimes need to allow sub-contracted admins root ssh access to my
servers. Later, I always wonder what they did during access.

Is there any shell that provides all shell abilities to the remote user
but monitors/emails a designated user each command executed in the shell
terminal and does not allow the user (even root) to modify the bash
history file or similar shell history file, or maybe sending each
command by email to a remote server, so that modifying history becomes
out of question?

Hope someone can help.

With regards.
Sanjay.