[CentOS] PostgreSQL 8.1.4 in the Testing repository

Tue Nov 21 14:23:54 UTC 2006
Jim Perrin <jperrin at gmail.com>

>   Interesting. I always use the PGDG RPMS (8.1.4 and 8.1.5 at the moment).
>   For those I have to rebuild things like perl-DBD-Pg. What's the
>   difference between PGDG and Testing? How about php-pgsql deps?

The packages currently in the testing repository are rebuilt from
upstream, and are designed to be used in conjunction with the
compat-libs packages in the testing repo also. This allows for the use
of pgsql-8, without rebuilding packages in the base/updates such as
php. Mostly it's designed to be a drop-in replacement.

George Orwell