[CentOS] nfsv4 in centos?

Wed Nov 22 06:33:00 UTC 2006
Jason McCormick <jason at devrandom.org>

Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 20, 2006 at 07:59:10AM -0800, R Lists06 wrote:
>> Some time ago I briefly played with NFS. More recently with Samba.
>> What I am wondering is if NFSv4 is already integrated into Centos 4 from
>> upstream.
>
> Yes.

Yes... sorta.  If you want to take advantage of truly useful NFSv4 new
features like GSSAPI authentication then you actually need to build a
custom set of packages for nfs-utils (>= 1.0.9)and its dependencies.
Fortunately the changeset is small and doesn't affect any other aspect
of the OS.

--
Jason McCormick <jason at devrandom.org>

  "The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority,
  but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane."
    - Marcus Aurelius, Emperor of Rome