[CentOS] ISCSI SAN suggestion

Thu Nov 23 00:31:53 UTC 2006
David Eckelkamp <deckelkamp at gmail.com>

On 11/20/06, Radu Radutiu <rradutiu at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sorry for the off-topic question but I need advice on a buying a ISCSI
> SAN for 4-6 servers running CentOS 4.4 .The main  purpose for the SAN
> is to store email accounts (that will be accessed by imap - dovecot)
> and other documents. Minimal redundancy is required (e.g. dual power
> supplies, battery backed write cache or mirrored controllers) and
> price for a 2 TB configuration should be under $ 10000.
> Right now the short list includes Promise VTrack M300i and
> Dell/EMC  AX150i.
> Do you have any experience with any of these models or can recommend a
> similar SAN that will meet the above requirements?
>
> Regards,
>
> Radu

I can recommend the Equallogic PS devices (
http://www.equallogic.com/products/). We've had one in service in or dev/qe
lab for over a year. It has been rock solid. And it's management interface
is very easy. I can't comment too much on their support because we haven't
really needed it. The couple of times we've called with questions they have
answered them quickly and the answers were correct and/or helpful.  I
believe they have a unit that will fit your budget.

Good Luck!
DavidE