[CentOS] Any long-time CentOS users on list using Ubuntu as well?

Mon Nov 27 16:41:36 UTC 2006
chrism at imntv.com <chrism at imntv.com>

Edward J. Weinberg wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-11-27 at 11:22 -0500, chrism at imntv.com wrote:
>
>> I've gotten roped into helping a local charity with some
>> computing/infrastructure snafus.  It seems their last good Samaritan
>> installed Ubuntu all over the place and is "unavailable" now to clean up
>> the mess.  CentOS has made me somewhat lazy because everything just
>> works out of the box for the most part and you've got the occasional
>> "yum update".  :)  These are all desktop systems, if that makes any
>> difference.  With any luck, I'll be able to pave over the installs with
>> CentOS 4.4 and call it a day.  :D
>>

> I have been using RH, and now Centos for over 10 years.
> I just put Kubuntu on my desktop.  I am impressed so far.
> It is a Debian derivitive...what is not working?

Ah.  Cool.  I haven't been to the site yet.  But in typical fashion the
problems are reported like "uh...email doesn't work" or "I can't load
the Internet" and "We can't print anything".  Maybe I'll get lucky and
it's just some network infrastructure issue.  We'll see.

Thanks again,

Cheers,