[CentOS] dhcpd

Thu Nov 30 09:42:24 UTC 2006
Daniel Teixeira <dteixeira at bitecnica.com>

Hi
I've solved my issues with DHCPD.

As I mentioned, I was trying to configure the DHCP server in a clean
isolated install, with only one client with a crossover cable.
Network and dhcpd configurations where made as if the server was connected
to the network, but as i already had another dhcp server....

As soon as i connected this server on the network (on a diferent segment),
everything worked just fine!!!

What can be the causes for this? The lack of dns? The gateway? I've tried to
configure the gateway as the local machine itself, but with no results.

Thank you for your kind help!

-----Original Message-----
From: centos-bounces at centos.org [mailto:centos-bounces at centos.org] On Behalf
Of Will McDonald
Sent: segunda-feira, 27 de Novembro de 2006 2:15
To: CentOS mailing list
Subject: Re: [CentOS] dhcpd

On 24/11/06, Daniel Teixeira <dteixeira at bitecnica.com> wrote:

> sorry but this is really strange
>
> my dhcpd daemon only works sometimes!!!!!!
>
> the problem is the same as before
> dhcpoffer is beeing sent but with no further actions

I'd recommend avoiding RTF/HTML mails to mailing lists, they're generally
frowned upon. As is top-posting. Just a friendly prod, I don't mind as-such
but I know if irks a lot of people.

Is your problem specific to a particular hardware platform? I've had IBM
systems that have caused me all sorts of headaches when Dell kit has been
fine and vice versa. Does upping the logging on the TFTPd give you any
additional information?

What about the other VTYs when you're netbooting a "client"?

Will.