[CentOS] Will Centos work with the Intel D865GLC

Thu Nov 30 18:45:00 UTC 2006
Drew Weaver <drew.weaver at thenap.com>

We have roughly 350 of these running CentOS workstation/servers.

They appear to work fine.

Thanks,
-Drew

-----Original Message-----
From: centos-bounces at centos.org [mailto:centos-bounces at centos.org] On Behalf Of Bart Schaefer
Sent: Thursday, November 30, 2006 1:29 PM
To: CentOS mailing list
Subject: Re: [CentOS] Will Centos work with the Intel D865GLC

On 11/29/06, Todd Cary <todd at aristesoftware.com> wrote:
> A D865GLC is new available that
> uses the Intel 865G chip set, but I have no experience in matching
> Mobo's with Linux.

Like David Hrbáč, I have CentOS 3.8 running on a D865GBF motherboard.
It's been my desktop workstation for over a year now.  The only problem I've had with it is that I can't seem to keep the sound working -- the onboard sound device has never worked and the PCI sound card I inserted only works part of the time.