[CentOS] CentOS 4.4 and other software?

Fri Nov 3 18:59:07 UTC 2006
Kevan Benson <kbenson at a-1networks.com>

On Friday 03 November 2006 04:03, Scott Ehrlich wrote:
> None of the above tools seemed to know anything about ncftp, and it has
> been around for at least 10 years, and is available for just about every
> distro, sometimes by default.

This hit me fairly hard as well when I first started using CentOS, as it had
become a good standby.  Once I discovered lftp, it was fairly simple to see
why it wasn't included.  Lftp seems to mimic all the behavior that was useful
from ncftp and drop everything that was painful.  It also includes the
equivalent of ncftpget with lftpget, which IMHO really does make it a drop in
replacement.

--
- Kevan Benson
- A-1 Networks