[CentOS] CentOS at FOSDEM

Fabian Arrotin fabian.arrotin at arrfab.net
Mon Oct 2 21:00:54 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-10-02 at 20:15 +0200, Dag Wieers wrote:
> Hi all,

Hi Dag ...

> FOSDEM is coming and it would be nice if CentOS users and developers
> are present.
>
> FOSDEM will take place at 24 and 25 february 2007. (so mark those dates in
> your calendar!)

Already done ... :o)

> I guess what we need is a wiki page about FOSDEM linked from some 'CentOS
> events' page and then people can start planning and indicating who's
> coming and what the topics could be.
>
> Since the developer rooms are usually limited, it may be useful to work
> together with Fedora to claim one. (I've send out a proposal to the Fedora
> ambassador who is in charge of FOSDEM)
>
> Things we may want to plan:
>
>  + the 'hall' presence (usually a table to showcase and respond to
>    questions)
>    - what do we need to showcase CentOS, to attract visitors
At this time CentOS 5 should be available maybe ?
>    - volunteers to be present to answer questions (maybe a timetable)
If want someone to make coffee for the whole booth, count on
me ... :o)
Seriously if i can answer questions, it will be with a great
pleasure ...
>    - flyers, business cards and posters ? (centos artwork)
>    - how to keep things on a professional level (mostly these tables are
>      pretty crowded and unorganised)
>
>  + a developer's room
>    - topics and speakers for presentation
>    - topics and moderators for discussions
>
>  + a social event during the evening
>    - usually evenings are quite dull, you can either subsribe to the
>      official overpriced dinner or, like most, go out and have a good time
>    - the building closes at 18h (iirc) so the evening starts pretty early
>    - there's a nice social event on friday evening to meet with other
>      developers
>
>  + locations to stay
>    - maybe Belgian CentOS users can offer housing and/or travelling
>      services (picking up people)

Humhhh, i'll try to manage something for the housing but i can't promise
now ... but there should be no problems for the travelling
service ... :o)

> Who's willing to help ? Let's hear ! :)

I'll help with a great pleasure ... :o)