[CentOS] Calling All FS Fanatics

Kirk Bocek t004 at kbocek.com
Wed Oct 4 05:11:34 UTC 2006

Steve Bergman wrote:
> I would be interested to see your results if you care to try ext2.

Well, Steve, I was really hoping to have some benchmarks for you. But some
kind of massive slowdown has hit my new server. That's what caused my faulty
call on the ext3 journal parameter change.

I don't know what happened. Nothing in the logs or dmesg that I can see. The
system now is very slow creating file systems and becomes unresponsive while
bonnie++ is writing.

Guess I'll remove all the extraneous LVs and start again.