[CentOS] Problems with 2.3TB disk

Dan Pritts danno at internet2.edu
Thu Oct 5 00:30:25 UTC 2006

On Sat, Sep 30, 2006 at 06:37:18PM -0700, Shawn Everett wrote:
> I took your advice.  I upgraded to CentOS 4.4 and then further upgraded the
> kernel to the official 2.6.18 kernel.

> Try as I might, I have not yet been able to reproduce the problems that
> caused me stress.  I can create multi GB files without a problem.  I can
> move files into and out of the partition without an error.  I'm taking
> this as a good sign.  I'm also not seeing any disk access errors in dmesg!

I built an early RHEL 4 (maybe U1, maybe the original release) with a ~12TB
raid system.  Things were very, very sad with the rhel kernel, but updating
to the then-current kernel made things much, much better.

I also, if i recall correctly, needed to get the most recent XFS tools, but
I had to do that anyway since redhat doesn't support XFS.

danno
--
Dan Pritts, System Administrator
Internet2