[CentOS] server disk subsystem benchmarks, bonnie++ and/or others?

Jason McCormick jason at devrandom.org
Thu Oct 5 02:12:47 UTC 2006

Email Lists wrote:

> May I please get some advise and list experience on using this or other disk
> subsystem benchmark programs properly with or without a GUI ?

I've always used iozone to much satisfaction.  Just make sure your file
sizes are larger than your caching.  The automatic options will reveal
with the real boundaries are to your caching and then you can perform
custom tests from there.  Keep in mind to get good, relevant results,
you're looking at very large files that'll take awhile to complete.

<http://www.iozone.org>

--
Jason McCormick <jason at devrandom.org>

  "The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority,
  but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane."
    - Marcus Aurelius, Emperor of Rome