[CentOS] Re: Cannot re-make a software raid pair

Nigel Kendrick support-lists at petdoctors.co.uk
Fri Oct 6 10:41:43 UTC 2006

-----Original Message-----
From: centos-bounces at centos.org [mailto:centos-bounces at centos.org] On Behalf
Of Scott Silva
Sent: Thursday, October 05, 2006 11:57 PM
To: centos at centos.org
Subject: [CentOS] Re: Cannot re-make a software raid pair

Nigel Kendrick spake the following on 10/5/2006 3:48 PM:

[SNIP]

I know this is a real basic question, but did you fail then remove the old
drive first?

Hi Scott,

Yes I did, but half the problem is/may be that the faulty drive is not even
'seen' by the server and so software RAID takes it out of the mirrored
pairing on boot and I am pretty sure that when I 'failed' it it threw an
error that the drive wasn't there anyway. I will try again and also see if I
can get the drive recognised so I can 'fail' it.

Thanks again for the feedback

Nigel