[CentOS] Re: OT: cacti on CentOS4 tutorial

Ugo Bellavance ugob at camo-route.com
Sun Oct 8 02:36:59 UTC 2006

Yiorgos Stamoulis wrote:
> Hi Ugo,
> snmpd.conf pleeease!
> ( I am wearing my impatient hat today!)
>
> thanx

This is a very simple config file.  You may want to look at the default
snmpd.conf to manage groups and more granular permissions.

#### START snmpd.conf

# This line makes the snmp daemon listen only on the loopback interface
# If you want to run on an alternative port change the 161 part
# (Don't forget to update the mailscanner-mrtg.conf file with the new #port
agentaddress localhost:161
# Use this version instead for ucd-snmp
#agentaddress 161 at localhost

# This line sets up a single community string (with read-only access)
# With access only permitted from localhost
# If you have users logging into your machine and want to make sure they
# can't easily get info from snmp change 'public' to something else
rocommunity  public localhost

# System Information, change this if you want
syslocation Location
syscontact Root <root at localhost>

#### FINISH snmpd.conf