[CentOS] Encore/sundance boards?

Eduardo Grosclaude

eduardo.grosclaude at gmail.com
Mon Oct 9 12:51:58 UTC 2006

I have this cheap "ENCORE 10/100Mbps Fast Ethernet PCI Adapter" which comes
with its own driver that compiles to 'sundance.ko' and performs bad (30%
packet loss) on a fully updated CentOS 4.4 box. This brand, model and driver
have worked OK for me on some other CentOS installations, none of which are
4.4. Short of replacing the board, which you can bet I will do, can anybody
provide me with some hint? Would CentOS Plus offer any different situation?

00:0a.0 Ethernet controller: Sundance Technology Inc / IC Plus Corp IC Plus
IP100A Integrated 10/100 Ethernet MAC + PHY (rev 31)
        Subsystem: Sundance Technology Inc / IC Plus Corp: Unknown device
0201
        Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV+ VGASnoop- ParErr-
Stepping- SERR+ FastB2B-
<TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR-
        Latency: 32 (2500ns min, 2500ns max), Cache Line Size 08
        Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 169
        Region 0: I/O ports at bc00 [size=128]
        Region 1: Memory at febff400 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=512]
        Expansion ROM at ffff0000 [disabled] [size=64K]
                Flags: PMEClk- DSI- D1+ D2+ AuxCurrent=0mA
PME(D0-,D1+,D2+,D3hot+,D3cold+)

TIA
--
Eduardo Grosclaude