[CentOS] Any experience with CentOS 4.4 and Intel DQ965GF?

Peter Kjellström cap at nsc.liu.se
Mon Oct 9 18:48:37 UTC 2006

On Monday 09 October 2006 20:07, Juha Aaltonen wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm having trouble installing CentOS 4.4 to a system with
> Intel's DQ965GF motherboard. The installer hangs (even with
> noprobe option). I'm wondering if someone has succeeded with
> this type of installation? Is the only choice to install the
> OS in another, older setup, update it and move the disks to
> the DQ965GF setup?

Drew Weaver wrote the following in another thread ("Kernel 2.6.18") a few days
ago:

--- begin quote
So you're the one guy that got it working?

In order for me to even get the installer to boot on a DG965ss I have to
pass these commands to the kernel:

pci = nommconf acpi=off irqprobe all-generic-ide

If I do all of that it will install, but it has no idea what any of the
devices are.

Thanks,
-Drew
--- end quote