[CentOS] Anyone have tora running on CentOS 4.X talking to an Oracle DB?

Jay Leafey jay.leafey at mindless.com
Wed Oct 11 00:42:33 UTC 2006

Alfred von Campe wrote:
> Are there any other tools people use to access Oracle instead of
> SQL*Plus?  I'll use anything that provides decent command line editing
> (e.g. readline support) and can automatically figure out the size of my
> terminal.  SQL*PLus is pretty brain damaged in those departments.

Yup, the SQL*Plus editing functions are... awkward, yeah, that's a good word!  I looked at Tora, but it was overkill for us.  I
found a very nice readline wrapper in Perl named uniread (http://unread.sourceforge.net) that works great for us.  As a bonus,
uniread is very general and can be used for just about any program that does not support readline editing.  I even use it for
nsupdate.  It's very easy to install, but I wrote a specfile if you want to roll your own RPM.
--
Jay Leafey - Memphis, TN
jay.leafey at mindless.com