[CentOS] mpeg4ip (from Dag) vs CentOS 4.4 64-bit?

chrism at imntv.com chrism at imntv.com
Wed Oct 11 19:16:16 UTC 2006

chrism at imntv.com wrote:
> Anyone else on the list using these tools?
>
> I grabbed the latest iteration using yum from Dag's repository, but I
> get random segfaults on a fully-patched 4.4 system on dual Opteron
> 275's from some of the utilities.  Perhaps, it's some 64-bit vs
> 32-bit-ism?  I'm not much of a programmer (actually, I'm a terrible
> programmer) so any suggestions would be very much appreciated.  :)
> The machine has otherwise been bulletproof so I'm reasonably sure it's
> something fishy with mpeg4ip.

Sorry to reply to my own post.  I hunted down all the required packages
and then built the source rpm for mpeg4ip to make sure everything was
built in 64-bit land and still get the seg faults.  In case anyone is
interested, using h.264 + ffmpeg to encode the mpeg4 files that I'm
attempting to hint seems to trigger the bug.  Sigh....

Cheers,