[CentOS] Cluster Quorum Question/Problem

Brandon Hall

jodious33 at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 13 19:05:19 UTC 2006

Greetings all,
I am in need of professional insight.  I have a 2 node cluster running
CentOS, mysql, apache, etc.  I have on each system a fiber HBA connected to
a fiber SAN.  Each system shows the devices sdb and sdc for each of the
connections on the HBA.  I have sdc1 mounted on both machines as /quorum.
When I right to the /quorum from one of the nodes, the file doesn't show up
on the other.  However, if I unmount and remount the device on the system
that can't see the new file, the file shows up, but is broken/red and cannot
be accessed by the node that couldn't see it in the first place.  This works
in both directions.

Do I have things set up wrong?  I'm so confused.....  If they are sharing
the same virtual drive on the same device in the same place, how can it not
be the same on both systems???  Any help is appreciated!