[CentOS] Switch to Nvidia from ATI

Bisbal, Prentice PBisbal at LexPharma.com
Wed Oct 18 15:53:23 UTC 2006

Reposting in correct thread:

One thing I forgot to include in my previous post - be sure to read the
documentation and look at NVidia's example XF86Config file (or whatever
x.org calls it) - certain modules need to be disabled (dri, something
else that I forget...). It's no big deal, since the nvidia module
provides this functionality.

--
Prentice

________________________________

From: centos-bounces at centos.org [mailto:centos-bounces at centos.org] On
Behalf Of Bisbal, Prentice
Sent: Wednesday, October 18, 2006 11:06 AM
To: CentOS mailing list
Subject: RE: [CentOS] Switch to Nvidia from ATI

If oyu really want to take advantage of the performance those cards have
to offer, you should use the nvidia  (that's the actual module name used
by X) driver downloaded directly from NVidia. It makes a world of
difference in performance, is easy to install, and is completely
distribution neutral. It will work fine with XFree86 or X.org

http://www.nvidia.com/object/unix.html

--
Prentice