[CentOS] HP (compaq) RAID - How to get alerts?

Maciej Zenczykowski maze at cela.pl
Fri Oct 20 08:51:31 UTC 2006

I run a Proliant HP ML370 G3 and installed the software which HP provided
(smart start CD and from the website) and alerts run just fine.  There's
also a very small hplog utility which is quite useful.  Unfortunately the
HP utilities aren't very rpm friendly, nor are they small considering how
little they actually do...  (and I would much, much prefer for simple
command-line utils for everything instead of GUI and dialog boxes, not to
mention that its pretty hard to figure out _what_ you should actually
install).

Maciej