[CentOS] Web site development and security

Ben shadroth at gmail.com
Sun Oct 22 02:31:16 UTC 2006

On 10/22/06, Michael Velez <mikev777 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I'm looking at building a website and extranet on my CentOS server for my
> home business.  I use PHP for my intranet but I hear PHP is a big security
> sieve.

To build and maintain a secure, functional and cross browser
compatible site is probably several full time jobs worth of work.

Using a CMS will probably save you a lot of hassle.

Just looking for one with a reputation for being secure probably won't
help much, as you'll no doubt need to use add ons etc. so you need to
assess a few CMSs and see which one provides the more secure package
for you by the time all the features have arrived.

I use Zope/Plone for its accessibility, functionality and ease of use.
Going with something simpler may give you a more secure total
solution, but I don't think Plone is considered particularly
vulnerable.

Ben