[CentOS] looking for NVIDIA network contoler driver for CENTOS

Jay Leafey jay.leafey at mindless.com
Mon Oct 23 04:03:20 UTC 2006

koff10 at hotmail.com wrote:
> Hi All,
> I' m looking for NVIDIA  network contoler driver  for CENTOS . I'm
> currently using HP pavilion  DV2007ea  notebook with CentOS.
> But my problem is   My network controler is allways disabled.
> pleased help koff

nVidia used to distribute their own nForce drivers for their chipsets that you could download from the same place you got the video
drivers, but the last time I went looking they encouraged users to use the existing drivers already provided by their distributions
if available.  For example, the open-source "forcedeth" driver works with the nVidia ethernet.  For more details, check
http://www.nvidia.com/object/linux_nforce_1.11.html.

I'm using forcedeth for the ethernet adapter on my DFI NFII Ultra Infinity motherboard (nForce 2 chipset) with great results under
CentOS 4.4.  I've got a line containing "alias eth0 forcedeth" in my /etc/modprobe.conf file and everything works fine.

Hope that helps!
--
Jay Leafey - Memphis, TN
jay.leafey at mindless.com