[CentOS] CentOS 3.8 Kernel Update with NVIDIA Video Card

Corwin Burgess msgclb at cox.net
Tue Oct 24 08:39:13 UTC 2006

Bisbal, Prentice wrote:

> [...]
I decide to compile the kernel module for my current nvidia driver
first. When I was sure that it was working then I would install the new
driver. I didn't try the rpm route but did the following from root:
sh NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-xxxx-pkg1.run -K

This will only compile the kernel module. After I rebooted everything
worked.

Corwin