[CentOS] spam control

R Lists06 lists06 at abbacomm.net
Thu Oct 26 18:31:33 UTC 2006

> Backscatter is a fact of life.  99% of the emails in my queues are
> undeliverable backscatter.  99% of my inbound email is backscatter
> (since my domain gets used for forging email headers on spam).  I'm
> retiring older systems which just can't deal with the backscatter.  It
> just isn't economically viable to try to fight it any more; life is too
> short.

Snip

> Unfortunately there are two other companies in between me and the users
> (not that I can really identify them with the junk I have to use here)
> so short of finding another job I'm stuck with the problem.
>
> --
>   /\oo/\
> / /()\ \ David Mackintosh | dave at xdroop.com

Have you considered changing your setup to reject emails in the smtp process
if they do not have a valid rcpt to? i.e. a valid email address on your
machine to accept them?

This will eliminate much of what you are experiencing...

 - rh

--
Robert - Abba Communications
   Computer & Internet Services