[CentOS] firefox 2.0

Jerry Geis

geisj at pagestation.com
Fri Oct 27 13:01:53 UTC 2006

Has anyone downloaded firefox 2.0 and tried it?

I just did. I am very confused. I download the firefox-2.0.tar.gz
Untared it and the readme.txt was one sentence. nothing useful.
There is no install**** anything.

The URL the readme.txt mentions to the release notes, does have
a "install" link, but it doesnt say anything about actually installing.
All it says in one sentence is "install firefox 2 will overwrite your
existing install".

I am stuck....

Has anyone else installed firefox 2 and can share.

I know there is seamonkey now but it is broken for the functionality
I need. I was hoping it is fixed in firefox 2.0.

Thanks,

Jerry