[CentOS] Dual Opteron or Dual Xeon?

Feizhou feizhou at graffiti.net
Mon Oct 30 08:24:54 UTC 2006

> Do you have any more details on said stability problems (e.g. hardware
> specs, etc)?  I've been very impressed with the Woodcrest Xeon tester
> I've got -- in fact, it bests my Opterons in almost every benchmark I
> throw at it, and it's been rock solid.  I'm leaning pretty hard in
> that direction for my next cluster upgrade.

The information about the US Government throwing the Woodcrest solution
out was 'reported' by the Inquirer. :D Perhaps IBM boxes...they also
posted another interesting bit about Woodcrest and Intel 965
motherboards having problems with raid5...kind of like how there is bad
mixing if you use ext3 + 3ware in RAID5 mode maybe. I am afraid that is
all I can give you on this.

The Korean portal one can be found below but it is entirely in korean.

http://www.inews24.com/php/news_view.php?g_menu=020200&g_serial=225735

Something about overheating and FB-DIMM problems which was only
encountered after the thing went live.

How close to live are your benchmarks?