[CentOS] Spamassassin/Sendmail issues

Tom Elsesser

tom at acalprecision.com
Mon Oct 30 19:00:10 UTC 2006

I am running a server with Centos 4.4, using a combo of
sendmail-clamav-spamassassin for mail, which has been working quite well
up until last night. Around 3:00am, all mail going to all users was
being rejected by spamassassin. My ~/mail/.procmailrc is as follows:

========================
MAILDIR=$HOME/mail

#
:0 H
* ^X-Spam-Status:.*Yes
{
EXITCODE=67
:0:
/dev/null
}

Checking yum logs, nothing that would affect SA or sendmail was updated,
so I have no idea why everything would suddenly go bananas. Clamav was
updated, but that was at 5:00am, and the mails were getting bounced back
starting at 3:00. I am attaching 2 maillog snips showing mail from the
centos list, with one going thru as expected and the other getting
bounced back per my .procmailrc file. Any help appreciated.

--
TomE.