[CentOS] root email question

Peter Farrow peter at farrows.org
Mon Oct 30 23:26:00 UTC 2006

There is an "exposed user" setting in sendmail.cf whose behaviour can be
adjusted by recompiling with sendmail.mc

The relevant settings are here in sendmail.cf

# class E: names that should be exposed as from this host, even if we
masquerade
C{E}root

So if you set the machine to masquerade a domain as "domain.com" for
example, take out the class C{E}root

You may find this a useful link (note the site is not associated with me)

http://www.grok.org.uk/docs/smroot.html

P.