[CentOS] Microsoft Wireless Laser Mouse 6000 - WORKING

Tom Lichti

tom at redpepperracing.com
Tue Oct 31 16:35:06 UTC 2006

I've found a few questions about trying to get this to work, I managed
to do it, and thought I'd share:

- get the evdev driver here:
https://bugs.freedesktop.org/attachment.cgi?id=1745
- to install, run ./configure --prefix=/usr/X11R6, then make, make install.
- edit your /etc/X11/xorg.conf like this:

Section "InputDevice"
Identifier "Mouse0"
Driver "evdev"
Option "Protocol" "evdev"
Option "Dev Name" "Microsoft Microsoft Wireless Optical Mouse 1.00"
Option "Dev Phys" "usb-*/input0"
Option "Device" "/dev/input/event2"
Option "Buttons" "9"
Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5" # wheel moves forward/back in the browser
EndSection

To figure out the "Dev Name", "Dev Phys" and "Device" settings cat
/proc/bus/input/devices.

I haven't gotten the tilt wheel to work yet, but everything else is
good. You may want to swap buttons 2 and 3 as well using xmodmap.

HTH
Tom