[CentOS] mysql won't start

David Mackintosh David.Mackintosh at xdroop.com
Tue Oct 31 17:50:03 UTC 2006

On Tue, Oct 31, 2006 at 12:14:25PM -0500, Jim Perrin wrote:
> >So how do I fix this problem?  I'd rather not pave the system and
> >start from scratch, but honestly if I'd done that the moment that
> >this problem manifested, I'd probably be up and running again by now.
>
> This sounds like you have both the i386 package and the x86_64 package
> installed.

OK I have removed the mysql, the mysql-server, and the mysqlclient
RPMs for both architectures, removed /var/lib/mysql, then reinstalled
only the x86_64 versions.  However I still have the startup problem,
the log file shows the same error.

I thought of selinux too, but 'getenforce' shows selinux is Disabled.

Any other ideas?

--
 /\oo/\
/ /()\ \ David Mackintosh | Public Key: