[CentOS] Possible to change selinux from permissive to disabled without rebooting?

Mon Oct 2 11:57:43 UTC 2006
Ian mu <mu.llamas at gmail.com>

Hiya all,

After some problems the other day, I've tracked down a problem I've been
having fairly definitely to selinux being on in permissive mode. sestatus
shows it enabled and permissive.

Is there a way to change from permissive to disabled without rebooting?
(have changed config to disabled in /etc/selinux/config, but would rather
not reboot atm). setenforce 0 keeps it in this same mode as I belive thats
just for enforcing mode only anyway.

Have tried googling and best I've seen is "not supported at this time" but
wondering if anyone else has more hopeful info.

Thanks in advance (and to those who helped me the other day as well),

Regards, Ian