[CentOS] CentOS at FOSDEM

Mon Oct 2 18:15:36 UTC 2006
Dag Wieers <dag at wieers.com>

Hi all,

FOSDEM is coming and it would be nice if CentOS users and developers
are present.

FOSDEM will take place at 24 and 25 february 2007. (so mark those dates in
your calendar!)

I guess what we need is a wiki page about FOSDEM linked from some 'CentOS
events' page and then people can start planning and indicating who's
coming and what the topics could be.

Since the developer rooms are usually limited, it may be useful to work
together with Fedora to claim one. (I've send out a proposal to the Fedora
ambassador who is in charge of FOSDEM)

Things we may want to plan:

 + the 'hall' presence (usually a table to showcase and respond to
   questions)
   - what do we need to showcase CentOS, to attract visitors
   - volunteers to be present to answer questions (maybe a timetable)
   - flyers, business cards and posters ? (centos artwork)
   - how to keep things on a professional level (mostly these tables are
     pretty crowded and unorganised)

 + a developer's room
   - topics and speakers for presentation
   - topics and moderators for discussions

 + a social event during the evening
   - usually evenings are quite dull, you can either subsribe to the
     official overpriced dinner or, like most, go out and have a good time
   - the building closes at 18h (iirc) so the evening starts pretty early
   - there's a nice social event on friday evening to meet with other
     developers

 + locations to stay
   - maybe Belgian CentOS users can offer housing and/or travelling
     services (picking up people)

Who's willing to help ? Let's hear ! :)

Kind regards,