[CentOS] auth of sendmail?

Thu Oct 5 15:04:27 UTC 2006
Roberto Barrientos Molina <roberto.barrientos at umag.cl>

hi, i have installed sendmail+mailscanner+clamav+spamassassin and work fine, but my telnet localhost 25 is not authenticates. i read a lot of docs but something i don't do it.
i have installed centos 4.3 with:
sendmail-8.13.1-3
sendmail-cf-8.13.1-3
dovecot-0.99.11-2
mailscanner-4.50.15-3.9
clamav-0.88.4-1.9
spamassassin-3.0.6-1
cyrus-sasl-2.1.19-5
cyrus-sasl-plain-2.1.19-5
cyrus-sasl-md5-2.1.19-5
and i have enabled the next config:
TRUST_AUTH_MECH(`EXTERNAL DIGEST-MD5 CRAM-MD5 LOGIN PLAIN')dnl
define(`confAUTH_MECHANISMS', `EXTERNAL GSSAPI DIGEST-MD5 CRAM-MD5 LOGIN PLAIN')
DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=smtp, Name=MTA')dnl
i try the next:
 /usr/lib/sasl2/Sendmail.conf
	pwcheck_method:shadow
 /etc/ld.so.conf
	/usr/lib/sasl2

i think than this is my problem, i don't know where i put this lines:
# SASL2 (smtp authentication)
 APPENDDEF(`confENVDEF', `-DSASL=2')
 APPENDDEF(`conf_sendmail_LIBS', `-lsasl2')
because, the file site.config.m4 that'snt exist in centos 4. i'm lost.
any comments or light in the darkness is welcome, if just i block the access without login to telnet....i will so happy.
thanks
Roberto.-