[CentOS] transfer data from one hard drive to another

Fri Oct 6 18:27:13 UTC 2006
Joseph Cheng <cheng.je at gmail.com>

Hello I have an OS installation and data on a 40 gb drive that I would
like to image to a 80 gb drive. I don't care if the resulting
partition layout on the new drive is only 40 gb making me lose space.
I just want to move everything from the older drive because I think
it's failing. I have looked at partimage and mondo rescue as imaging
solutions but both deal with partitions. CAn someone plz point me to a
howto that shows how to image the entire drive incuding mbr, partiton
table and data all with one program? I am hoping to boot with a CD to
do this while having both drives plugged in. So I think something like
knoppix? TIA!