[CentOS] tg3: eth0: No interrupt was generated using MSI, switching to INTx mode.

Mon Oct 16 13:33:59 UTC 2006
Andreas Micklei <andreas.micklei at ivistar.de>

Hi,

I just installed CentOS 4.4 x86_64 on our new 2 x Dual Core Opteron Server.
First the system was unstable, but I after turning of Power-now it runs
stable (anyone else experienced this?). However the following line in dmesg
puzzles me:

tg3: eth0: No interrupt was generated using MSI, switching to INTx mode.
Please report this failure to the PCI maintainer and include system chipset
information.

Has someone else experienced this? What does it mean and who am I supposed to
contact? Sorry if this is a stupid question, but a simple pointer would be
appreciated.

Apart from this message the system runs fine.

Hardware Information:

Server: Supermicro 816S-R700
Motherboard: Supermicro H8DSP-8
Chipset: ServerWorks HT2000 / HT1000
Processors: 2 x Opteron Dualcore 2.2 GHz
RAM: 4 GB

Ethernet is of course on the mainboard. I have already upgraded the tg3 driver
with the latest version from Broadcom, but the line in dmesg still appears.

regards,
Andreas Micklei