[CentOS] ARC SERVE BACKUP.

Sun Oct 22 07:41:40 UTC 2006
Rajeev R Veedu <rajeev at cracknell.com>

Recently we have started using Arc serve backup. The Arc server and the tape
library are connected to a Windows 2000 server machine and the data files
are stored on many Samba file servers.  I have Linux Client Agents installed
on all Linux Machine.

Now the problem is that when Arc Serve backup the file it always backup the
full files irrespective of setting for a differential backup. I think the
Arc serve is not able to set Archive bit on the file system. But it does for
windows. Has any one in the list experienced this type of problem?

Any advice or guidance would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Rajeev R. Veedu