[CentOS] Experiences with CentOS & MacBook Pro?

Wed Oct 25 23:15:53 UTC 2006
Benjamin Smith <lists at benjamindsmith.com>

Ok,

I'm finally of a mindset to replace my now tired, aging Dell Inspiron 600m.
I'm currently running Fedora Core on it, and am fairly happy with the
software.

Has anybody used CentOS on a Macbook Pro? What gotchas are there? (The first
that comes to mind is the lack of a right mousebutton) Scouting on the
Internet, I've seen that some people have trouble getting sound to work. I'm
interested in the following:

1) Network/Wifi support

2) Sound

3) Video (don't need 3D, currently using 2D ATI Radeon drivers and am happy)

4) USB support (works?)

5) External video - I frequently have to give presentations!

Thanks all,

-Ben
- XEROX PARC slogan, circa 1978