[CentOS] Hauppauge WinTV-PVR-350 card on CentOS 4.X?

Fri Oct 27 03:42:17 UTC 2006
Alfred von Campe <alfred at 110.net>

Anyone have the Hauppauge WinTV-PVR-350 card running on CentOS 4.X?
What about MythTV?  One of my users asked me today to upgrade the
kernel on his CentOS 4.4 system today as he claims that this card
will only work on recent kernels (2.6.16 or newer).  I haven't found
any documentation to support this (the Linux page on the Hauppauge
web site is hopelessly out of date; it mentions the 2.2 kernel and
Red Hat 6.2!).

We are working on some video products, so this card is actually a
business requirement.  I know that upgrading the kernel on a CentOS
system defeats the main goal of stability of an enterprise OS, so if
that's the only way to get this card to work, I may have to move to
Fedora Core 6.

Alfred