[CentOS] Re: Yet another yum/rpm update problem

Wed Oct 4 08:02:42 UTC 2006
Blaž Bogataj <Blaz.Bogataj at zgs.gov.si>

rpmdb --initdb work for me

Blaž Bogataj

-----------
Alfred von Campe wrote:
"I am in the process of updating a dozen or so workstations from
CentOS 4.3 to CentOS 4.4.  I set up a local YUM repository, and have
been able to successfully update all systems except for one.  Both
yum and rpm either hang or core dump on this system.  I've done a
"yum clean all" and an "rpm --rebuilddb" (after deleting the __db
files).  I was able to successfully update yum itself, but now even a
"yum --version" or "rpm -q yum" hang and can only be killed with a
"kill -9 <pid>".

Any suggestions on how to proceed?  I had no problems on any of the
other systems, and they were all configured the same way.  I wonder
if I may have screwed up when trying to clean up the RPM database (I
was following instructions posted a few months ago to this mailing
list)...

Alfred"